Design Professional Insurance: Evaluating Coverage and Contractual Risks
Reconciling Indemnification, Additional Insured and Other Terms of the Service Provider Agreement With Policy Provisions
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will review scope of coverage in PLI and CGL policies; analyze coverage triggers, covered damages and exclusions; and discuss reconciling policy provisions with performance standards, indemnity, additional insured and other service agreement terms to minimize risks to the design professional.
PLI and CGL policies
- Damages available
- Overlap between coverages
Reconciling terms of professional services agreement with policy terms
- Contractual standards of performance
- Contractual indemnity provisions
- Additional insured provisions
- Other contractual terms
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- What are the scope of injuries and damages covered under a PLI policy?
- What are the coverage triggers for design professional liability policies and CGL policies, and how do they differ?
- How do courts interpret the professional services exclusion in CGL policies?
- How does professional liability coverage interact with contractual terms of the professional services agreement, particularly with respect to contractual indemnity provisions?
Following the speaker presentations, you'll have an opportunity to get answers to your specific questions during the interactive Q&A.
William E. Kelley
Drewry Simmons Vornehm
Mr. Kelley focuses his practice on construction and real estate matters, including construction and real estate... | Read More
Mr. Kelley focuses his practice on construction and real estate matters, including construction and real estate litigation, professional liability, real estate acquisitions, sales, leasing and development, title insurance, and green building and sustainability. He represents design professionals, contractors, subcontractors, developers, owners and insurers for construction law and real estate matters, and is an LEED accredited professional.Close
John D. Broghammer
Greve Clifford Wengel & Paras
Mr. Broghammer specializes in insurance coverage disputes and the representation of design professionals. His practice... | Read More
Mr. Broghammer specializes in insurance coverage disputes and the representation of design professionals. His practice area has focused on civil litigation with emphasis on the representation of architects and engineers in construction defect litigation and the defense of public entities and corporations in landslide and flood claims. He advises and counsels design professionals in all aspects of contract preparation, risk allocation and insurance issues.Close