Derivatives and Hedging Accounting: FAS 133 and Beyond
Mastering the Evolving Guidance on Derivative Instrument Accounting and Valuations
Recording of a 110-minute CPE webinar with Q&A
This webinar will analyze the relevant FASB guidance and recent revisions affecting various derivative instruments, hedging transactions, and foreign currency accounting.
- Relevant guidance on derivative instruments, hedging transactions, foreign currency transactions
- FAS 133
- FAS 149
- FAS 166
- FAS 133
- FAS 52
- FAS 157
- Recent updates or proposed revisions to FASB guidance in this area
- Basic characteristics of various financial instruments
- For example, futures, options, swaps
- Impacts of hedge accounting on financial statements
- Hedging interest rate risk
- Overview of foreign currency hedges and related accounting treatments
- Translation/re-measurement of foreign currency-denominated financial statements
- Frequent documentation, financial reporting, disclosure challenges
The panel will address these and other vital areas:
- Guidance you must master: FAS 133, FAS 149, FAS 166, FAS 52, FAS 157 and other statements, as well as recent revisions and proposed refinements.
- Challenges with financial instruments: The latest compliance decisions you're likely to face with futures, options, swaps and other derivatives.
- Hedge accounting pitfalls: How to analyze the effects of hedges on financial statements.
- Complexities in foreign currency transactions: Translating and re-measuring currency denominated financial statements.
Chairman, Hedge Accounting Technical Task Force
He also is director of solutions consulting for the firm, which is a risk management and hedge accounting consultant.... | Read More
He also is director of solutions consulting for the firm, which is a risk management and hedge accounting consultant. He previously worked in the PricewaterhouseCoopers Risk & Quality group and has published and spoken frequently in the area of derivatives accounting.Close
Bennett Point Associates
He consults on accounting for derivatives and other complex financial instruments. He previously worked in the National... | Read More
He consults on accounting for derivatives and other complex financial instruments. He previously worked in the National Audit and Accounting Technical Practice of the Reznick accounting firm.Close
Partner-In-Charge, Forensic Accounting Group
Russell Novak & Co.
He has more than 40 years of accounting and auditing experience. He is a frequent speaker, writer and expert witness on... | Read More
He has more than 40 years of accounting and auditing experience. He is a frequent speaker, writer and expert witness on accounting and litigation topics.Close