Derivative Works and Copyright: Scope, Termination, Infringement, Considerations for Drafting Permissions
A live 90-minute premium CLE webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will guide IP counsel on derivative works and the scope of the derivative right. The panel will also discuss when it is copyright infringement to make/sell derivative works and lessons from recent court decisions. The panel will offer insights on what this means for artists and their counsel when seeking copyright protection.
- When a work is derivative
- Scope of the derivative right
- Copyright infringement and derivative works
- Lessons from recent court treatment
- Practical considerations for drafting permissions to allow creation of a derivative work
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What is a derivative work and does the examination vary depending on the type of work--musical, software, literary?
- How have the courts treated derivative works?
- What are the practical considerations for drafting permissions to allow the creation of a derivative work?
Michael D. Steger
Law Offices of Michael D. Steger
Mr. Steger’s boutique practice focuses on IP, entertainment and media law. Since 1993, Mr. Steger has sought to... | Read More
Mr. Steger’s boutique practice focuses on IP, entertainment and media law. Since 1993, Mr. Steger has sought to help solve his clients’ problems and expand their business opportunities. Whether in business transactions, litigation and other disputes, or counseling behind the scenes, he has used his experience as an attorney at large and mid-sized firms, as well as in-house counsel, to focus on providing value to clients. A noted speaker on IP, entertainment and media law issues, Mr. Steger is Co-Chair of the ABA Copyright Litigation Subcommittee of the IP Litigation Committee.Close
to be announced.
Buy Live Webinar
Includes Early Discount Savings of $50 (through 05/24/19)
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
Includes special savings of $300 (through 05/24/19)
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$394 + $19.45 S&H