Depositions in Insurance Coverage and Bad Faith Litigation: 30(b)(6) and Fact Witnesses
A live 90-minute CLE video webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will prepare policyholder and insurance company litigators to question fact witnesses and corporate witnesses in coverage and bad faith litigation. The panel will outline their experiences and perspectives on leveraging testimony by corporate representatives for both sides, using FRCP 30(b)(6) as a framework.
- Scope of Rule 30(b)(6) depositions
- Drafting effective 30(b)(6) deposition notices
- Selecting and preparing the 30(b)(6) witness
- Scope of questions and testimony for 30(b)(6) witnesses
- Use of 30(b)(6) testimony at trial
The panel will review these and other high priority issues:
- What are the policyholders' options if the insurer designates someone other than the claims handler for a 30(b)(6) deposition?
- What are the insurer's options if the policyholder designates someone other than a percipient witness to testify concerning crucial matters relevant to the coverage or bad faith dispute?
- To what extent must or should counsel educate a witness in advance of a 30(b)(6) deposition?
- What are counsel's obligations in preparing a witness?
Alan P. Jacobus
Alan P. Jacobus, Attorney at Law
Mr. Jacobus' practice over the past decade has largely centered on high risk, high value insurance coverage... | Read More
Mr. Jacobus' practice over the past decade has largely centered on high risk, high value insurance coverage litigation, but he comes from a broad civil and commercial litigation and trial background. He has tried jury trials to verdict in CA, IL and LA. Several of his cases have resulted in written opinions in trial courts and courts of appeal, and he has argued appeals in both state and federal courts.Close
McCarter & English
Ms. Pastor is Practice Group Leader of her firm's Insurance Coverage Group. She is an experienced trial... | Read More
Ms. Pastor is Practice Group Leader of her firm's Insurance Coverage Group. She is an experienced trial attorney, who has secured hundreds of millions of dollars in insurance for corporate policyholders. She litigates complex coverage matters throughout the country and abroad, and provides insurance coverage advice to clients assessing their potential risks, analyzing new insurance products, and considering the adequacy of their programs. She publishes and lectures frequently on insurance, trial skills and ethics matters.Close
Buy Live Webinar
Early Discount (through 02/05/21)
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
Includes special savings of $250 (through 02/05/21)
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$344 + $24.45 S&H