Deposing Nursing Home Employees and Owners in Neglect and Abuse Cases
Questioning Deponents, Using Demonstrative Exhibits, Raising and Defending Objections, Dealing With Difficult Deponents
A live 90-minute CLE webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide medical malpractice and personal injury attorneys with an in-depth analysis of deposition practice in nursing home injury cases. The webinar will discuss best practices for identifying and questioning deponents, videotaping depositions, using demonstrative exhibits, dealing with difficult witnesses, and raising and defending objections.
- Purpose of the deposition
- Prove the case by gaining admissions of rule violations, causation, and damages
- Develop a roadmap for adverse examination
- Create traps for witnesses
- Discredit future defense experts
- Techniques and strategies to prepare for and take the deposition
- Knowing your goals, the facts, the witnesses, the rules, and the damages
- Anticipating defenses
- Role playing
- Objecting and responding to defense objections
- Creating traps for evasive or difficult deponents
- Do's and don'ts during the deposition
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What topics should attorneys explore when questioning nursing home staff and owners during depositions?
- When and how should attorneys use demonstrative exhibits during depositions of nursing home staff and owners?
- What are best practices for dealing with difficult deponents?
- How to effectively question deponents to discredit defense experts
- What are effective techniques for raising and defending objections during depositions of nursing home staff and owners?
Monica C. Fillmore
Ms. Fillmore is a skilled litigator who represents healthcare providers and institutions in long-term care, medical... | Read More
Ms. Fillmore is a skilled litigator who represents healthcare providers and institutions in long-term care, medical malpractice, and dental malpractice matters. She also has experience successfully representing her clients throughout professional board proceedings and in personal injury cases.Close
to be announced.
Buy Live Webinar
Includes Early Discount Savings of $50 (through 04/10/20)
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
Includes special savings of $170 (through 04/10/20)
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$224 + $19.45 S&H