Dental Practice Mergers, Acquisitions, Divestitures, and Affiliations
Due Diligence, Regulatory Compliance Requirements, Integration Challenges
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE course will guide counsel representing dental practices, dental service organizations (DSOs), and investors for evaluating the various transaction structures for buying or selling a practice, conducting due diligence, and meeting regulatory compliance requirements. The panel will also offer best practices for executing dental practice transactions.
- Market conditions and dental practice transaction structures
- Due diligence issues
- Corporate practice of dentistry
- Medicaid participation
- Regulatory compliance challenges
- Stark Law/Anti-Kickback Statute
- Changes in state legislation and regulation
- Integration challenges
- Best practices
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What are the regulatory compliance requirements and key diligence considerations in dental practice transactions?
- What best practices should counsel employ when assessing which structure to use in a dental practice transaction?
- What are the common provider alignment options?
- What are the ongoing implementation challenges after a dental practice transaction?
Amanda K. Roenius
Ms. Roenius practices within the firm's Healthcare Department and advises her clients on a range of compliance... | Read More
Ms. Roenius practices within the firm's Healthcare Department and advises her clients on a range of compliance and regulatory issues, including the Anti-Kickback Statute, Stark Law, fraud and abuse laws, state corporate practice of medicine doctrines, and state licensure laws.Close
Anna M. Timmerman
Ms. Timmerman focuses on healthcare transactional and regulatory matters for a variety of healthcare providers. She... | Read More
Ms. Timmerman focuses on healthcare transactional and regulatory matters for a variety of healthcare providers. She assists in drafting operating agreements and amendments, asset purchase agreements, and medical director agreements. She also has participated in completing asset and stock purchase transactions and advises clients regarding the Stark law, state and federal fraud and abuse laws, the corporate practice of medicine, and payor matters.Close