Demonstrating Use in Commerce for Trademark Applications
Navigating Use in Commerce Requirements Under the Lanham Act and for Purposes of Registration
Recording of a 90-minute premium CLE video webinar with Q&A
This CLE course will guide trademark counsel on "use in commerce" for trademark applications under the Lanham Act as well as for trademark registrations. The panel will discuss the impact of recent decisions on use in commerce and offer strategies for providing evidence of use in commerce.
- Use in commerce
- Under the Lanham Act
- For purposes of trademark registration
- Proper or acceptable evidence of use in commerce
- Best practices for demonstrating use in commerce
The panel will review these and other noteworthy issues:
- How will the TTAB's reading of what constitutes use of a mark impact applications or registrations?
- What is the effect of the Federal Circuit's fairly broad interpretation of use in commerce in determining what is necessary to register a trademark?
- What strategies should counsel employ to demonstrate sufficient nexus between a trademark and use of the mark in commerce?
Robert D. Litowitz
Mr. Litowitz has over 30 years of experience in litigating patents, trademarks, and other intellectual property... | Read More
Mr. Litowitz has over 30 years of experience in litigating patents, trademarks, and other intellectual property rights before U.S. district courts, the ITC, and the TTAB. He has extensive experience leading and managing a range of litigations on such diverse subjects as pharmaceuticals, healthcare products, designs, product configurations, words, symbols, golf courses, and books.Close
Kelu L. Sullivan
Ms. Sullivan helps clients select, register, and enforce their trademarks and copyrights, representing her clients in... | Read More
Ms. Sullivan helps clients select, register, and enforce their trademarks and copyrights, representing her clients in all aspects of trademark and copyright law, including portfolio management, licensing and litigation. She is particularly experienced in the management of large international trademark portfolios, and working with clients’ legal and business departments to achieve desired outcomes. She represents clients in federal district and appellate courts, managing every aspect of litigation, from complaints, to discovery, to presentation of the case in front juries. She has also presented difficult trademark cases on appeal, and successfully overturned three lower tribunal decisions.Close