Defined Benefit Pension Plan Litigation: Latest Developments
Avoiding and Defending Challenges to Plan Investments and Other DB Plan Decisions
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide benefits counsel with a review of emerging theories of fiduciary duty and investment management liability, as well as other key developments in defined benefit plan litigation. The panel will discuss best practices for defending and minimizing exposure to defined benefit plan litigation.
- Challenges to plan investment decisions—causes of action and key defenses
- Developments in cash balance plan litigation
- Case law and other legal developments
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- What are the key recent developments in defined benefit plan litigation?
- What are the most recent theories in support of challenges to alternative pension plan investment decisions such as derivatives and hedge funds?
- What steps should plan fiduciaries take to minimize exposure to defined benefit plan litigation?
Following the speaker presentations, you'll have an opportunity to get answers to your specific questions during the interactive Q&A.
James O. Fleckner
Mr. Fleckner is a nationally recognized leader in the field of ERISA litigation and heads the firm’s ERISA... | Read More
Mr. Fleckner is a nationally recognized leader in the field of ERISA litigation and heads the firm’s ERISA Litigation Practice. He focuses on complex commercial litigation, representing financial service providers and corporate clients in ERISA, securities and derivative class actions and in private civil litigation. He is renowned as a lecturer and author on ERISA and related litigation topics, and has presented at over 40 conferences across the U.S.Close
Groom Law Group
Ms. Zumwalt represents ERISA plan sponsors, fiduciaries, alleged fiduciaries and service providers in all... | Read More
Ms. Zumwalt represents ERISA plan sponsors, fiduciaries, alleged fiduciaries and service providers in all manner of litigation pertaining to ERISA plans. In particular, she represents defendants in stock drop, affiliated funds, imprudent investment, and 401(k) fee putative class action litigation, as well as actuarial malpractice cases. She also advises and litigates on behalf of plan sponsors in bankruptcy with respect to pension and retiree benefits issues.Close