Defending ERISA Conflict of Interest Discovery Requests
Limiting the Scope of Discovery, Preparing and Defending 30(b)(6) Depositions, and More
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will prepare ERISA counsel to effectively handle conflict of interest discovery requests. Our experienced panelists will provide best practices in defending discovery requests to include 30(b)(6) depositions.
Defending discovery requests
- Protective orders
- Strategies for preventing or limiting 30(b)(6) depositions on conflict of interest issues
- Selection and preparation of the witnesses
- Defending the company witness in the deposition
- Using the deposition to dispute conflict of interest allegations
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- What types of conflict of interest discovery requests can be expected in ERISA litigation?
- What strategies should be implemented to limit discovery requests?
- How can you prevent or limit the burdensome 30(b)(6) deposition?
- What are the best practices for selecting, preparing and defending a company witness in a 30(b)(6) deposition?
Following the speaker presentations, you'll have an opportunity to get answers to your specific questions during the interactive Q&A.
Jack F. Fuchs
Mr. Fuchs, a Partner in the firm's Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation, ERISA Litigation, and Business... | Read More
Mr. Fuchs, a Partner in the firm's Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation, ERISA Litigation, and Business Litigation Groups, focuses his practice on litigation involving ERISA and fiduciary issues. He is a Fellow of the American College of Employee Benefits Counsel, with extensive experience in ERISA litigation.Close
Cassie M. Springer
Springer & Roberts
Ms. Springer is an experienced ERISA litigator representing claimants, and is a former Co-Chair on the Benefit Claims... | Read More
Ms. Springer is an experienced ERISA litigator representing claimants, and is a former Co-Chair on the Benefit Claims and Individual Rights Subcommittee of the ABA's Section of Labor & Employment Law. She is a frequent author and speaker on ERISA litigation topics.Close