Decommissioning Energy Assets: Regulatory Issues, Liability, Managing Disputes, Disposal of Structures and Waste
A live 90-minute CLE webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide counsel an analysis of critical legal challenges that arise in the decommissioning of energy assets. The panel will discuss both federal and state regulations of the decommissioning process and significant difficulties, liability transfers, the ownership and disposal of removed structures and hazardous waste, and other problems stemming from decommissioning energy assets.
- Regulation of decommissioning energy assets process
- Managing and allocating risk
- Ownership and disposal of removed structures and hazardous waste
- Disputes surrounding decommissioning and key preventative measures
- Best practice for counsel
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What are the key federal and state regulatory challenges for decommissioning energy assets?
- What methods are available to manage and allocate decommissioning risks?
- Analyzing prior contract provisions impacting the decommissioning process
- Abandonment and site remediation techniques for legal compliance
- Legal perils of deconstruction, decontamination, waste management and other environmental issues
- Methods to avoid or limit potential litigation throughout the decommissioning process
Bonnie L. Heiple
Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale and Dorr
Ms. Heiple focuses her practice on environmental, energy and natural resources law. She advises clients on a wide range... | Read More
Ms. Heiple focuses her practice on environmental, energy and natural resources law. She advises clients on a wide range of litigation and transactional matters, and provides strategic counsel on project development and compliance with federal and state requirements.Close
to be announced.
Buy Live Webinar
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
A savings of $200
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$394 + $19.45 S&H