Daubert Motions in Construction Litigation: Standards for Expert Witnesses in Design and Defect Claims
Effective Approaches for Raising or Defending Daubert Challenges to Admitting Expert Testimony
A live 90-minute CLE webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide counsel with an analysis of how courts apply the Daubert/Frye standards (and comparable state standards) to the presentation of expert testimony in construction disputes. The panel will outline effective approaches to raise or defend a challenge to the admission of expert testimony.
- Dispositive motions in the Daubert hearing: the Daubert challenge
- Frye standards: how they differ from Daubert standards
- Application to construction cases
- Application to scheduling, construction defects and damages
- Future impact of Daubert/Frye on construction claims
- Lessons from court rulings
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- How can counsel effectively challenge a construction expert witness’ theories and whether those theories have been adequately tested?
- Under what circumstances should counsel consider not filing a Daubert/Frye motion?
- How can counsel leverage prior rulings involving a construction expert witness?
Tiffany A. Harrod
Munsch Hardt Kopf & Harr
Ms. Harrod’s practice focuses on representing homeowners, home builders, subcontractors, owners, suppliers,... | Read More
Ms. Harrod’s practice focuses on representing homeowners, home builders, subcontractors, owners, suppliers, businesses and sureties in commercial litigation matters, with a focus on construction, employment and maritime disputes. She also has extensive experience in personal injury Jones Act trials and construction arbitrations, mediations and settlements.Close
R. Douglas Rees
Cooper & Scully
Mr. Rees has an extensive trial practice with an emphasis in construction law and insurance litigation matters. He... | Read More
Mr. Rees has an extensive trial practice with an emphasis in construction law and insurance litigation matters. He represents general contractors, subcontractors, design professionals, including architects and engineers, insurance carriers, businesses, and individuals. Mr. Rees advises and defends clients in disputes concerning work they have performed or are involved in.Close
Buy Live Webinar
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
A savings of $200
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$394 + $19.45 S&H