Data Privacy Class Actions and Biometric Legislation: Standing and Certification Issues in Facebook and Google
A live 90-minute CLE webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will discuss the recent decisions in biometric-capture litigation against Facebook and Google, as well as implications for standing and pre-certification standards under state biometric privacy laws.
- Defining biometric data and privacy concerns
- Overview of existing biometric data privacy legislation
- Recent biometric class actions against Facebook and Google
- Implications for plaintiffs and companies in the changing landscape of biometric-capture litigation
The panel will review these and other relevant topics:
- What is biometric data and how is it obtained?
- How is biometric data privacy protected by legislation?
- How are courts weighing biometric data privacy concerns in class action lawsuits?
- How can counsel leverage recent class action trends to advise their clients on biometric data privacy issues?
Torsten M. Kracht
Hunton Andrews Kurth
Mr. Kracht represents clients from the U.S. and abroad in complex commercial litigation and arbitration. He has served... | Read More
Mr. Kracht represents clients from the U.S. and abroad in complex commercial litigation and arbitration. He has served as trial counsel in jury and bench trials in various jurisdictions, and as arbitration counsel in AAA, NASD and ICC proceedings. Mr. Kracht has particular experience counseling clients on litigation strategies that effectively balance legal risk and business goals, and in leading internal investigations related to threatened or actual litigation.Close
Shearman & Sterling
Ms. Mossman has represented plaintiffs and defendants in domestic and international disputes at the trial and appellate... | Read More
Ms. Mossman has represented plaintiffs and defendants in domestic and international disputes at the trial and appellate level and in multidistrict litigation. These cases have included complex commercial, antitrust, RICO, and class-action claims on behalf of both plaintiffs and defendants. Currently, she focuses her practice on antitrust litigation brought by private litigants alleging violations under Sections 1 and 2 of the Sherman Act.Close
Buy Live Webinar
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
A savings of $200
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$394 + $9.45 S&H