Cybersecurity and ERISA Retirement Plans: Risks and Best Practices For Plan Sponsors and Fiduciaries
Recording of a 90-minute premium CLE video webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide guidance to plan fiduciaries, ERISA counsel, and service providers on trends in data breaches of ERISA benefit plans, discuss the current scope of fiduciary obligations and best practices to protect benefit plan data, and risk mitigation considerations.
- Trends in ERISA data breaches for retirement plans
- Lessons from recent data breaches and litigation
- ERISA fiduciary obligations concerning data breaches
- Incorporating cybersecurity protections into retirement plan contracts with TPAs and other service providers
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What lessons can be learned from recent breaches of retirement plan employee information and data?
- What should ERISA plan fiduciaries consider in developing benefit plan cybersecurity best practices?
- How can cybersecurity protections be incorporated into retirement plan contracts with service providers and TPAs?
- What specific obligations do plan sponsors and fiduciaries have when responding to an occurrence of a data breach?
Mark E. Bokert
Davis & Gilbert
Mr. Bokert is co-chair of the firm's Benefits & Compensation Practice Group. His practice encompasses nearly... | Read More
Mr. Bokert is co-chair of the firm's Benefits & Compensation Practice Group. His practice encompasses nearly all aspects of executive compensation and employee benefits, including matters related to equity plans, deferred compensation plans, phantom equity plans, qualified retirement plans and welfare plans. He has extensive experience in Section 409A and deferred compensation arrangements. He has extensive experience in counseling plan committees on their fiduciary responsibilities under ERISA.Close
Epstein Becker & Green
Ms. Capezza is a Member of the Firm in the Employee Benefits and Health Care and Life Sciences practice groups. For... | Read More
Ms. Capezza is a Member of the Firm in the Employee Benefits and Health Care and Life Sciences practice groups. For more than 20 years, she has represented organizations in ERISA, employee benefits, and executive compensation matters across various industries including financial services, health care, technology, media, telecommunications, hospitality, and retail. She also advises clients on the implications of increased automation and artificial intelligence in the workplace and the related employee benefits and compensation considerations for a changing workforce.Close
Robert R. Gower
Mr. Gower concentrates his practice in all aspects of tax-qualified retirement plan design, compliance, and... | Read More
Mr. Gower concentrates his practice in all aspects of tax-qualified retirement plan design, compliance, and administration. He routinely works with defined benefit, cash balance, profit sharing, 401(k) and KSOP plans. He has wide-ranging experience in plan drafting and assists plan sponsors in preparing committee charters and bylaws to help govern plan administration. He routinely works with clients to assist with compliance efforts and works with plan sponsors to comply with ERISA’s fiduciary requirements.Close