Cybersecurity and ERISA Benefit Plans: Risks Best Practices for Plan Sponsors and Fiduciaries
A live 90-minute premium CLE video webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide guidance to plan fiduciaries, ERISA counsel, and service providers on trends in data breaches of ERISA benefit plans, discuss the current scope of fiduciary obligations and best practices to protect benefit plan data, and risk mitigation considerations.
- Trends in ERISA data breaches: healthcare and retirement plans
- Lessons from recent data breaches and litigation
- ERISA fiduciary obligations concerning data breaches
- Incorporating cybersecurity protections into retirement plan contracts with TPAs and other service providers
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What lessons can be learned from recent breaches of retirement plan employee information and data?
- What should ERISA plan fiduciaries consider in developing benefit plan cybersecurity best practices?
- How can cybersecurity protections be incorporated into retirement plan contracts with service providers and TPAs?
- What specific obligations do plan sponsors and fiduciaries have when responding to an occurrence of a data breach?
Mark E. Bokert
Davis & Gilbert
Mr. Bokert is co-chair of the firm's Benefits & Compensation Practice Group. His practice encompasses nearly... | Read More
Mr. Bokert is co-chair of the firm's Benefits & Compensation Practice Group. His practice encompasses nearly all aspects of executive compensation and employee benefits, including matters related to equity plans, deferred compensation plans, phantom equity plans, qualified retirement plans and welfare plans. He has extensive experience in Section 409A and deferred compensation arrangements. He has extensive experience in counseling plan committees on their fiduciary responsibilities under ERISA.Close
Epstein Becker & Green
Ms. Capezza is a member of the firm’s Employee Benefits and Health Care and Life Sciences practice groups. She... | Read More
Ms. Capezza is a member of the firm’s Employee Benefits and Health Care and Life Sciences practice groups. She focuses on ERISA, employee benefits, and executive compensation matters. She has more than 16 years of experience representing Fortune 500 companies, multinational corporations, non-profit entities, medium-sized businesses, and individual executives, across industries including financial services, health care, hospitality, retail, and technology.Close
Robert R. Gower
Mr. Gower concentrates his practice in all aspects of tax-qualified retirement plan design, compliance, and... | Read More
Mr. Gower concentrates his practice in all aspects of tax-qualified retirement plan design, compliance, and administration. He routinely works with defined benefit, cash balance, profit sharing, 401(k) and KSOP plans. He has wide-ranging experience in plan drafting and assists plan sponsors in preparing committee charters and bylaws to help govern plan administration. He routinely works with clients to assist with compliance efforts and works with plan sponsors to comply with ERISA’s fiduciary requirements.Close
Buy Live Webinar
Early Discount (through 12/18/20)
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
Includes special savings of $300 (through 12/18/20)
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$394 + $24.45 S&H