Cryptocurrency as an Asset in Divorce: Valuation, Division and Location of Currency
A live 90-minute CLE webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will guide family law practitioners on how to handle cryptocurrency assets in a divorce. The panel will discuss how to navigate the unique issues of locating and valuing digital assets, as well as best practices for handling this marital asset.
- Overview of cryptocurrency and how it works
- Requesting cryptocurrency records
- Reviewing cryptocurrency records
- Requesting non-cryptocurrency and non-financial records to look for signs of cryptocurrency “mining”
- Reviewing financial records for evidence of cryptocurrency transactions
- Valuing cryptocurrency
- Best practices for counsel in handling cryptocurrency assets in divorce
The panel will review these and other relevant topics:
- What is cryptocurrency and how is it stored?
- How can divorce attorneys locate cryptocurrency in a spouse's financial records?
- How is cryptocurrency valued?
- What are best practices for counsel when handling divorces that involve cryptocurrency assets?
Mr. Speer practices both family and probate law, including asset tracing, enforcing and resolving child support... | Read More
Mr. Speer practices both family and probate law, including asset tracing, enforcing and resolving child support issues, litigating divorces, addressing child custody disputes, drafting and probating wills, and resolving estate administration issues.Close
to be announced.
Buy Live Webinar
Includes Early Discount Savings of $50 (through 01/25/19)
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
Includes special savings of $170 (through 01/25/19)
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$224 + $19.45 S&H