CPSC Mandatory Disclosures of Potentially Dangerous Product Defects
Meeting Reporting Requirements, Leveraging Internal Compliance Programs, and Managing Future Litigation
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE course will prepare product liability counsel to meet CPSC reporting obligations for manufacturers. The panel will provide an update on recent CPSC enforcement actions, discuss options for addressing potential hazards, and explain how courts view the mandatory disclosures in product liability litigation.
- Overview of CPSC reporting obligations
- CPSC enforcement and penalties
- Addressing potential hazards
- Use of Mandatory Reporting Disclosures in Future Products Liability Litigation
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- What are the consequences for failing to comply with CPSC reporting requirements?
- What are the current trends in CPSC enforcement?
- How can a company develop internal reporting programs to help identify potential product risks?
- How have courts ruled on the admissibility of mandatory CPSC disclosures in subsequent products liability litigation?
Following the speaker presentations, you'll have an opportunity to get answers to your specific questions during the interactive Q&A.
Mark N. Duvall
Beveridge & Diamond
His practice focuses on product regulation at the federal, state and international levels. He co-chairs the firm's... | Read More
His practice focuses on product regulation at the federal, state and international levels. He co-chairs the firm's Chemicals, Products and Nanotechnology Practice Group and heads the firm’s Toxic and Harmful Substances/Toxic Substances Control Act Practice. He counsels clients on the regulation of consumer products by the CPSC and the FTC.Close