Corporate Procurement Cards: Planning and Executing a Program to Master the Sales Tax Complexities
Recording of a 90-minute CPE webinar with Q&A
- Preventive Measures For Corporate Tax Departments To Consider
- Maintaining support documentation
- Working out an up-front compliance agreement with the state
- Planning an arrangement with the taxpayer’s P-card card carrier and finding out info that can and can’t be obtained
- What information can, can’t be obtained?
- Can P-cards be used only by certain vendors or certain purchases?
- Getting down to the vendor level
- Limits for dollar amounts
- Specific Corporate P-Card User Experiences
- General review of the company’s P-card compliance program
- Volume of transactions, dollars spent with cards on monthly basis, what cards are used for
- Details about the corporate tax department’s automated system
- Explanation of the logic programmed into that system in order to pay sales tax and hold use tax on a monthly basis
- Discussion on what the company tax department tries to do on audits when it comes to P-cards
- What information the department makes available or provides to auditors upon request
- How company tax staff deals with key P-card-related issues, such as getting electronic charge data from customer
- What Revenue Departments, Auditors Look For From Corporate Taxpayers In Terms Of P-Cards And Sales Tax Compliance
- Proposals to which revenue agencies are receptive
- What is expected in the way of documentation, sampling
- The kinds of support documentation taxpayers are typically offering
The panel provides guidance and thoroughly brief you on:
- Creating a procurement card recordkeeping process that is scaled to your company's size and industry.
- Planning for audits with P-card documentation in mind.
- Improving your compliance efficiency with adjustments needed in your own sales tax-compliance processes, both as a purchaser and seller.
- Understanding how tax pros can take an assertive role in preparing procurement and sales staffs to use procurement cards with no sales tax mistakes.
She is a CPA with more than 20 years of experience in corporate finance and tax compliance work. Before launching her... | Read More
She is a CPA with more than 20 years of experience in corporate finance and tax compliance work. Before launching her tax advisory firm, she was SALT director for Georgia-Pacific Corp. and served on the board of COST.Close
Tax Senior Director – Sales & Use Tax, Property Tax
Steve leads the Sales and Use and Property Tax Consulting Practice for BDO's western region. Previously, he worked as... | Read More
Steve leads the Sales and Use and Property Tax Consulting Practice for BDO's western region. Previously, he worked as an auditor with the California State Board of Equalization for 10 years.Close
Sales and Use Tax Manager
He has worked for Georgia–Pacific for 23 years, the last 12 as Sales Tax Manager. He also has Big Eight... | Read More
He has worked for Georgia–Pacific for 23 years, the last 12 as Sales Tax Manager. He also has Big Eight accounting firm experience. At Georgia–Pacific, he is involved with procurement/pay systems and reverse sales tax audits.Close
Other Formats— Anytime, Anywhere
On-Demand Seminar Audio