Coordinating Post-Grant Patent Opposition in the EU and the U.S.: Amended Rules, Shorter Time Frame
Navigating Timing, Grounds for Opposition, Discovery, and Amendments to Maximize Protection in Both Jurisdictions
A live 90-minute CLE webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide patent counsel with guidance for addressing post-grant patent oppositions in both Europe and the U.S. The panel will offer best practices for navigating the two systems to maximize patent protection in both jurisdictions.
- European and U.S. oppositions--similarities and differences
- Who can file
- Filing the opposition
- Opposition written procedure
- Duty of disclosure
- Maintaining consistent positions while leveraging the procedures in each jurisdiction to maximize protection
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- How do the grounds for opposing a patent in the U.S. differ from those in Europe?
- How will the differences relating to discovery and the use of expert testimony impact opposition strategy?
- What strategies should counsel employ to coordinate post-grant patent oppositions in Europe and the U.S.?
Leythem A. Wall
Mr. Wall is a European and UK Patent Attorney specializing in the chemical, consumer products, energy, material and... | Read More
Mr. Wall is a European and UK Patent Attorney specializing in the chemical, consumer products, energy, material and medical sectors. His specialties include European, PCT and UK patent drafting, prosecution, third-party observations, oppositions and appeals, opinions on infringement and validity, freedom-to-operate analyses and due diligence. Prior to HGF, he was a Partner in the London office of a major US IP law firm, and in house counsel for some of the world’s largest multinationals. He has particular expertise in Oppositions and Appeals, regularly representing clients in Oral Proceedings before the European Patent Office. He also has a deep understanding of US post grant challenges, and how these can be most successfully coordinated with EPO oppositions.Close
to be announced.
Buy Live Webinar
Includes Early Discount Savings of $50 (through 04/19/19)
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
Includes special savings of $250 (through 04/19/19)
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$344 + $9.45 S&H