Construction Projects and ADA Accessibility Compliance
Drafting Design and Construction Contracts to Manage ADA Risks
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will update construction counsel on the latest ADA requirements applicable to new and modified construction projects. The panel will provide guidance for drafting design and construction contract provisions to minimize the risks of noncompliance with ADA requirements.
- Overview of the new and revised ADA Accessibility Standards
- Construction projects subject to the Standards
- New case law on indemnity
- Best practices for drafting design and construction contracts to manage risks of ADA noncompliance
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- What are the new and revised compliance requirements of the ADA Standards for Accessible Design?
- What types of construction projects are covered by the Standards?
- How does recent case law affect the drafting of design and construction contracts to protect against noncompliance with the ADA accessibility requirements?
Following the speaker presentations, you'll have an opportunity to get answers to your specific questions during the interactive Q&A.
Weil & Drage
She has been a construction litigation specialist for 25 years. In addition to trial practice, her experience... | Read More
She has been a construction litigation specialist for 25 years. In addition to trial practice, her experience includes drafting and negotiating contracts and risk management assistance for private and public works projects. She continues to specialize in the representation of architects and engineers and has also represented developers, manufacturers, and contractors.Close
Eric A. Grasberger
He focuses his practice on development and construction law, including development risk analysis and risk shifting,... | Read More
He focuses his practice on development and construction law, including development risk analysis and risk shifting, contract drafting and negotiating, insurance review and analysis, construction defect claims, delay and impact claims, lien and bond claims, and public contracts, bid disputes and public improvement exemptions.Close