Concierge Medicine: Complying With Medicare Regulations, State Laws and Anti-Kickback/Anti-Referral Laws
A live 90-minute CLE webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide you with a review of critical legal issues involved in organizing and operating various models of concierge and direct care practices, including applicable laws and regulations. The panel will also offer guidance on evaluating and structuring such arrangements.
- Concierge medicine—current trends
- Key structural and legal considerations
- Evaluating the models
- Periodic fee for enhanced or preferred access
- Periodic fee for access and medical services
- Per visit access fee
- Fee for non-covered services
- Legal considerations
- Medicare participation
- Insurance Issues
- State laws
- Anti-kickback/anti-referral/improper remuneration
- Contractual issues
- Data privacy
The panel will review these and other noteworthy questions:
- What is driving physician interest in alternative practice models that are either less dependent on or disconnected entirely from healthcare insurance? Why are corporate interests now investing in these models, as well as in telehealth platforms and other healthcare and wellness models that seek to limit health insurance plan constraints?
- What are the different business models for concierge and direct care practices —and the benefits and risks of each?
- What are the primary legal and business considerations counsel to providers should consider when structuring the various models? How should providers be guided while weighing which model may work best for them, and how much to integrate their practice model with insurance plans?
Alan H. Einhorn
Foley & Lardner
Mr. Einhorn represents provider networks, hospitals, clinics, practice groups and individuals in entity formation,... | Read More
Mr. Einhorn represents provider networks, hospitals, clinics, practice groups and individuals in entity formation, corporate reorganization, joint ventures, consolidations, physician/hospital integration strategies, medical staff development and governance, disciplinary matters, and licensure. He also represents physicians and institutional providers in the formation and operation of “concierge” and similar practices and in the formation of concierge-related management companies and networks. Mr. Einhorn regularly advises clients on strategic, corporate compliance and tax exemption–related issues, as well as regulatory issues.Close
James J. Eischen, Jr.
Mr. Eischen has 30 years’ experience representing commercial interests locally, nationally, and... | Read More
Mr. Eischen has 30 years’ experience representing commercial interests locally, nationally, and internationally. His clients have included medical groups/physicians, software/IT companies, industrial enterprises, financial institutions, real estate developers/managers, and telecommunications conglomerates. He has become a national expert in structuring consumer/patient financial contribution and reimbursement models for private/concierge medical groups and healthcare IT product developers to achieve federal legal compliance.Close
Buy Live Webinar
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
A savings of $200
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$394 + $9.45 S&H