Concierge Medicine: Complying With Medicare Regulations, State Laws and Anti-Kickback/Anti-Referral Laws
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide healthcare counsel with a review of key legal issues involved in concierge medicine practices, including applicable laws and regulations. The panel will offer guidance on evaluating and structuring such arrangements.
- Concierge medicine—current trends
- Key structural and legal considerations
- Evaluating the models
- Periodic fee for enhanced or preferred access
- Periodic fee for access and medical services
- Per visit access fee
- Fee for non-covered services
- Legal considerations
- Medicare participation
- Opting out requirements
- Managed care
- State laws
- Anti-kickback/anti-referral/improper remuneration
- Contractual issues
- Data privacy
- Medicare participation
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- What pressures are driving the increase in concierge medicine practices and how does the approach mitigate those issues?
- What are the different business models being used for concierge practices—and the benefits and risks of each?
- What are the key legal and business considerations counsel to providers should consider when structuring a concierge practice?
Michael L. Blau
Foley & Lardner
Mr. Blau's practice focuses on advising clients on corporate and regulatory matters, including mergers,... | Read More
Mr. Blau's practice focuses on advising clients on corporate and regulatory matters, including mergers, acquisitions and affiliations; financing transactions; contracting; and forming provider groups, networks, alliances and joint ventures. He is the Chair of the firm's Health Care Venture Practice.Close
James Eischen, Jr.
Higgs Fletcher & Mack
Mr. Eischen has 25 years’ experience representing commercial interests locally, nationally, and internationally.... | Read More
Mr. Eischen has 25 years’ experience representing commercial interests locally, nationally, and internationally. His clients have included medical groups/physicians, software/IT companies, industrial enterprises, financial institutions, real estate developers/managers, and telecommunications conglomerates. He has become a national expert in structuring consumer/patient financial contribution and reimbursement models for private/concierge medical groups and healthcare IT product developers to achieve federal legal compliance.Close