Composite Return Issues for Pass-Through Entities and Nonresidents: Filing, Withholding, Remedying Noncompliance
A live 110-minute CPE webinar with interactive Q&A
This webinar will provide SALT professionals and pass-through owners who have multistate filing obligations with an in-depth review of preparing composite returns. Filing composite returns is a significant and necessary piece of SALT. The burden of withholding and remitting nonresident taxes in a multitude of states makes this area even more complicated. Listen as the panel explains composite filing requirements, withholding and payment obligations, individual nonresident filing considerations, and how to handle past noncompliance.
- State composite return requirements
- Pass-through entity composite filing considerations
- Mandatory filing and withholding requirements
- Individual taxpayer filing considerations
- Participating in a composite return
- Filing a nonresident return
- Current developments
- Past noncompliance and voluntary disclosure programs
The panel will discuss these and other essential questions:
- What states require and allow composite return filings?
- What are the state requirements for withholding and remitting nonresident withholding?
- When should a pass-through entity elect to file a composite return?
- When should an individual elect to participate in a composite filing?
- What remedies are available for past noncompliance?
Sara Goldhardt, CPA
Director, State and Local Tax Services
Ms. Goldhardt has over 18 years of experience in federal and state and local tax, servicing both public and private... | Read More
Ms. Goldhardt has over 18 years of experience in federal and state and local tax, servicing both public and private companies in the manufacturing, construction, healthcare, professional services and retail industries.Close
to be announced.
Buy Live Webinar
Includes Early Discount Savings of $50 (through 07/31/20)
CPE credit processing is available for an additional fee of $39. CPE processing must be ordered prior to the event.
See NASBA details.
Live Webinar & CPE Processing
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
Includes special savings of $200 (through 07/31/20)
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$294 + $24.45 S&H