Complying With ITAR Requirements: Identifying Risks, Implementing Compliance Best Practices
A live 90-minute premium CLE webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide guidance to counsel and compliance professionals in identifying compliance risks, and developing measures to protect against compliance issues, under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
- Background on key ITAR provisions
- Practical challenges
- Controlling exports of technology
- Managing business relationships with non-U.S. transaction partners
- Applying for licenses and agreements
- Recent enforcement
- Compliance recommendations
- Adequate resources to ensure oversight/infrastructure
- Processes for tracking licensed activities
- Equipping personnel to spot and address issues
- Regular monitoring
The panel will review these and other vital questions:
- What are the fundamental elements of the ITAR that defense contractors and other exporters need to understand?
- How do defense contractors and other ITAR exporters tend to get in trouble?
- What are lessons learned from recent ITAR enforcement actions?
- What steps should counsel or compliance professionals take when discovering red flags or ITAR violations?
- What are the pros and cons of making a voluntary disclosure of a potential ITAR compliance issue?
Thaddeus R. McBride
Bass Berry & Sims
Mr. McBride represents companies and individuals in international trade regulatory, compliance, investigative, and... | Read More
Mr. McBride represents companies and individuals in international trade regulatory, compliance, investigative, and enforcement matters involving U.S. economic sanctions and economic embargoes, U.S. export controls, FCPA, U.S. anti-boycott controls, U.S. customs and other import controls, anti-money laundering and other banking controls, and U.S. international trade enforcement and regulatory actions.Close
to be announced.
Buy Live Webinar
Includes Early Discount Savings of $50 (through 01/24/20)
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
Includes special savings of $300 (through 01/24/20)
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$394 + $19.45 S&H