Common Mistakes in Handling Personal Injury Subrogation: Identifying and Resolving Errors Prior to Settlement
Impact on Plaintiffs and Defendants
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE course will discuss common subrogation mistakes made by insurance carriers and plaintiff’s counsel and how they may impact personal injury claims, especially when negotiating a settlement.
- Overview of common subrogation mistakes made by insurance carriers
- Discussion of the impact that subrogation mistakes have on both plaintiffs and defendants
- Potential sources of personal liability for injury attorneys due to mishandled subrogation liens
- Practice tips to identify and handle subrogation issues prior to settlement
The panel will review these and other relevant topics:
- What are the most common subrogation mistakes made by insurance carriers?
- How do mishandled subrogation issues impact personal injury defendants?
- How do mishandled subrogation issues impact personal injury plaintiffs?
- What are the best practices for personal injury attorneys and insurance carriers in identifying and handling subrogation issues?
Director of the Subrogation Department
Sacks Weston Diamond
Mr. Cohen focuses his practice on subrogation and serious personal injury matters. He has significant experience... | Read More
Mr. Cohen focuses his practice on subrogation and serious personal injury matters. He has significant experience litigating serious injury and property damage cases throughout the U.S. Mr. Cohen is also a member of the National Association of Subrogation Professionals (NASP) and has had the privilege of speaking at many NASP events on topics such as evidence practice and procedure, workers’ comp subrogation claims, and the use of technology in a subrogation practice.Close
Kevin P. O'Brien
Mr. O’Brien focuses his practice on complex personal injury litigation. His representation involves individuals,... | Read More
Mr. O’Brien focuses his practice on complex personal injury litigation. His representation involves individuals, families and businesses who are victims of the wrongful acts of others which have resulted in serious personal injury and wrongful death as a result of medical malpractice, products liability, construction accidents, premises liability automobile and trucking accidents.Close
Gary L. Wickert
Matthiesen Wickert & Lehrer
Mr. Wickert is an insurance trial lawyer and is regarded as a leading experts on insurance subrogation. He is the... | Read More
Mr. Wickert is an insurance trial lawyer and is regarded as a leading experts on insurance subrogation. He is the author of several subrogation books and legal treatises and is a national and international speaker on subrogation. Mr. Wickert oversees a National Recovery Program which includes a network of nearly 285 contracted subrogation law firms in all 50 states, Mexico, Canada and the United Kingdom.Close