Commercial Real Estate Loan Workouts and Modifications
Strategies for Developers, Owners and Lenders Restructuring Underperforming Loans
Recording of a 90-minute premium CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE course will provide real estate counsel with guidance and best practices for restructuring underperforming commercial real estate loans in the current real estate market.
- Common types of workouts in the current economic environment
- Developing a strategy
- Immediate action steps
- Limits on the lender’s objectives
- The threat of bankruptcy
- Knowing the enforcement options
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- What loan workout strategies have become commonplace in the current economic environment?
- How can borrowers and lenders identify and minimize their legal risks when contemplating a real estate workout or modification?
- What are some best practices for negotiating a real estate loan workout or modification?
Following the speaker presentations, you'll have an opportunity to get answers to your specific questions during the interactive Q&A.
David A. Barksdale
He focuses on distressed real estate, real estate development, finance and construction, and secured finance. He... | Read More
He focuses on distressed real estate, real estate development, finance and construction, and secured finance. He advises both lenders and borrowers on workouts and the financial restructuring of distressed real estate projects, including master planned and mixed-use developments, retail and office centers, casinos, hotels, industrial properties, and other types of commercial real estate.Close
Ren R. Hayhurst
He represents lenders in real estate and commercial loan documentation, real estate loan workouts and foreclosure,... | Read More
He represents lenders in real estate and commercial loan documentation, real estate loan workouts and foreclosure, receivership and loan/guaranty enforcement litigation. He is a frequent speaker on a wide variety of real estate topics.Close