Commercial Lease Restructurings and Workouts
Negotiation Strategies for Landlords and Tenants in Troubled Leases
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide guidance for counsel to commercial landlords and tenants on restructuring leases, negotiating lease workouts, and pursuing or defending an eviction and breach of contract action in the current real estate market.
- Current market trends
- Tenant lease defaults
- Leasing prices and incentives
- Mid-term concessions
- Subordination, non-disturbance and attornment agreements
- Options and strategies for keeping the tenant
- Options and strategies for ending the tenancy
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- What impact do current market dynamics have on the negotiation of commercial leases?
- What lease terms should landlords be most concerned about when renegotiating an existing lease with a tenant?
- How can subordination, non-disturbance and attornment agreements protect tenants in the event of foreclosure against a landlord?
- What are some effective strategies for counsel for landlords and tenants when preparing to pursue or defend an eviction action?
Richard R. Spore, III
Bass Berry & Sims
He practices in the areas of commercial real estate development, finance and leasing; business planning for business... | Read More
He practices in the areas of commercial real estate development, finance and leasing; business planning for business and real estate owners; partnerships and joint ventures; and business divorces. He represents real estate owners and tenants in a variety of commercial lease transactions and complicated lease workouts. He is a frequent writer and speaker on business and commercial law topics.Close
Gregory G. Gosfield
He is a member of the Real Estate and Finance Department. He has a depth of experience in counseling clients on debt... | Read More
He is a member of the Real Estate and Finance Department. He has a depth of experience in counseling clients on debt and equity investments across the life cycle of real estate transactions. He lectures regularly to professional and trade associations and frequently publishes articles on the structure and use of critical components of real estate transactions.Close
O'Neill Properties Group
She is responsible for restructuring leases of multiple office and retail tenants and maximizing recoveries for O'Neill... | Read More
She is responsible for restructuring leases of multiple office and retail tenants and maximizing recoveries for O'Neill and its affiliates in connection with lease terminations. She provides legal oversight to all real estate broker relationships for O'Neill. O'Neill is a real estate developer and manager with over $1 billion portfolio of office, retail, residential and land holdings.Close