Combating Trademark Counterfeiting on the Internet
Strategies to Protect Brands in Cyberspace
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This seminar will provide strategies for trademark owners and their counsel to protect against online counterfeiting. The panel will outline strategies for developing a comprehensive online brand protection program and pursuing enforcement actions against online counterfeiters.
- Current trends in online counterfeiting
- Protecting against online counterfeiting
- Internet monitoring
- Website programs that monitor Internet for counterfeit sales (e.g., eBay, etc.)
- Use anti-piracy devices
- Educate public on how to identify counterfeit goods
- Pursuing civil and criminal enforcement actions against online counterfeiters
- Evaluate harm being caused and prioritize enforcement target
- Cease and desist letters
- Cooperating with government in criminal enforcement actions
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- How is online counterfeiting harming businesses nationally and worldwide?
- What are the most effective strategies for policing trademarks on the Internet to identify and stop counterfeiters?
- What steps should businesses take to pursue legal action against online counterfeiters?
G. Roxanne Elings
She has experience in an array of brand management issues, from counterfeiting to trademark infringement to copyright,... | Read More
She has experience in an array of brand management issues, from counterfeiting to trademark infringement to copyright, in a variety of commercial and technological fields. Specifically, she works with clients to secure, protect, and enforce the client's intellectual property rights, including counseling clients in areas of brand management, brand enforcement, copyrights, and domain name issues.Close
Nicole Batten Emmons
Baker & McKenzie
She practices in the field of worldwide trademark protection and brand management. She actively manages the domestic... | Read More
She practices in the field of worldwide trademark protection and brand management. She actively manages the domestic and international trademark portfolios of numerous major corporations located throughout the United States and abroad. She focuses on the filing and prosecution of trademark applications, anti-counterfeiting programs, licensing arrangements, and trademark litigation.Close
Finnegan Henderson Farabow Garrett & Dunner
His practice includes trademark and unfair competition litigation, trademark clearance and prosecution, and client... | Read More
His practice includes trademark and unfair competition litigation, trademark clearance and prosecution, and client counseling. He has participated in proceedings before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board of the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (including oppositions, cancellations, and appeals), as well as federal trademark litigations at the district and appellate court levels.Close
Other Formats— Anytime, Anywhere
CLE On-Demand Audio