Collective Trusts in Retirement Plans Under Increased ERISA Scrutiny
Compliance Strategies for Establishing Collective Trusts
Recording of a 90-minute premium CLE webinar with Q&A
- Collective investment trusts
- Statutory and regulatory framework
- Structure, including compensation, disclosure and distribution
- Comparison with registered mutual funds
- Compliance issues in establishing collective investment trusts
- Technical requirements under ERISA
- Potential regulatory pitfalls and areas of supervisory focus
- Emerging ERISA litigation
- Litigation challenging collective trust management and disclosures
- Litigation challenging fees borne by ERISA plans invested in collective trusts
The panel reviewed these and other key questions:
- How do collective investment trusts compare to registered mutual funds?
- What are the potential regulatory pitfalls in establishing collective trusts?
- What are the recent trends in ERISA litigation that are affecting collective trusts?
Thomas J. LaFond
He structures and implements investment products and services. He also represents clients before federal and state... | Read More
He structures and implements investment products and services. He also represents clients before federal and state banking and securities regulators in securities lending and other matters.Close
James O. Fleckner
Mr. Fleckner is a nationally recognized leader in the field of ERISA litigation and heads the firm’s ERISA... | Read More
Mr. Fleckner is a nationally recognized leader in the field of ERISA litigation and heads the firm’s ERISA Litigation Practice. He focuses on complex commercial litigation, representing financial service providers and corporate clients in ERISA, securities and derivative class actions and in private civil litigation. He is renowned as a lecturer and author on ERISA and related litigation topics, and has presented at over 40 conferences across the U.S.Close
Linda K. Shore
She represents financial services firms and corporate plan sponsors in all areas covered by ERISA and has extensive... | Read More
She represents financial services firms and corporate plan sponsors in all areas covered by ERISA and has extensive experience in structuring investment products to be offered to ERISA investors.Close
Access Anytime, Anywhere
Strafford will process CLE credit for one person on each recording. All formats include program handouts.
CLE On-Demand Audio