Cloud Computing: Managing the Legal Risks
Mitigating Liabilities When Outsourcing Virtual Storage and Applications
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide counsel to businesses with best practices for managing and mitigating the legal risks in cloud computing and virtual outsourcing. The panel will offer their insights to enhance counsel's knowledge of cloud computing and its unique challenges.
Brief overview of cloud computing
- What is it? Everyone has a different definition
- Components of cloud computing
- Protection of corporate assets
- Privacy concerns
- Jurisdictional issues
- Intellectual property issues
- Export controls
Minimizing and mitigating legal risks
- Vendor selection considerations
- Contracting models
- Impact of industry standards
Contracting in the cloud
- Technology model
- Subscription model and pricing
- Key legal issues
- Contract terms
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- What are the key advantages and critical legal risks involved in cloud computing?
- What terms and conditions should counsel look for in a cloud computing license/service agreement?
- What steps can counsel to businesses take to protect corporate assets and confidential data when using cloud computing resources?
- How does the nature of cloud computing raise legal jurisdictional challenges?
Following the speaker presentations, you'll have an opportunity to get answers to your specific questions during the interactive Q&A.
Janine Anthony Bowen
Jack Attorneys & Advisors
She focuses on strategic commercial transactions involving technology and intellectual property. Such transactions... | Read More
She focuses on strategic commercial transactions involving technology and intellectual property. Such transactions include licensing and acquisition of technology; issues surrounding the protection and exploitation of Internet-based assets; privacy and information security; and technology export compliance.Close
Daniel A. Masur
He is a leader of the firm’s Business and Technology Sourcing Practice. Prior to joining the firm, he served... | Read More
He is a leader of the firm’s Business and Technology Sourcing Practice. Prior to joining the firm, he served as General Counsel of an outsourcing provider. Dan is recognized as one of the leading lawyers in the sourcing field by Chambers Global, Legal 500, and Best Lawyers in America.Close
H. Ward Classen
Deputy General Counsel
He has been widely published in legal journals and has spoken extensively before professional groups both... | Read More
He has been widely published in legal journals and has spoken extensively before professional groups both domestically and internationally. His recent articles address cloud computing, technology licensing, export controls, law department management, and managing inside and outside counsel relationships.Close