Closing Protection Letters for Title Insurance: Key Provisions, Common Issues, Recent ALTA Revisions
A live 90-minute premium CLE webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide real estate counsel with practical guidance for structuring closing protection letters (CPLs) for title insurance, particularly after the recent ALTA revisions.
- Risk of loss issues
- ALTA form and recent revisions
- Insurance issues
- Enformement issuese
- Scope of liability and mesaure of damages
- Best practices and practical strategies
The panel will review these and other high priority issues:
- What are the latest trends and developments in CPLs?
- What are the most important provisions to include?
- What are the latest ALTA revisions to standard CPLs?
- What due diligence is necessary?
- What do recent cases and opinions say about best practices for drafting CPLs?
- What are the critical loss issues?
Michael R. O'Donnell
Riker Danzig Scherer Hyland & Perretti
Mr. O’Donnell has represented every major title insurer including Chicago Title Insurance Co., First American... | Read More
Mr. O’Donnell has represented every major title insurer including Chicago Title Insurance Co., First American Title Insurance Co., Fidelity National Title Insurance Co., Old Republic National Title Insurance Co., Stewart Title Guaranty Company, Westcor Land Title Insurance Co., and New Jersey Title Insurance Co., as well as their insureds. He has served as coverage counsel for title underwriters on numerous wide-ranging real estate frauds, some of which losses exceeded $45 million.Close
to be announced.
Buy Live Webinar
Includes Early Discount Savings of $50 (through 11/15/19)
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
Includes special savings of $300 (through 11/15/19)
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$394 + $19.45 S&H