Closing Protection Letters for Title Insurance: Key Provisions, Common Issues, Recent ALTA Revisions
Recording of a 90-minute premium CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide real estate counsel with practical guidance for structuring closing protection letters (CPLs) for title insurance, particularly after the recent ALTA revisions.
- Risk of loss issues
- ALTA form and recent revisions
- Insurance issues
- Enforcement issues
- Scope of liability and measure of damages
- Best practices and practical strategies
The panel will review these and other high priority issues:
- What are the latest trends and developments in CPLs?
- What are the most important provisions to include?
- What are the latest ALTA revisions to standard CPLs?
- What due diligence is necessary?
- What do recent cases and opinions say about best practices for drafting CPLs?
- What are the critical loss issues?
Colin M. Doherty
Westcor Land Title Insurance Company
Prior to joining Westcor Land Title Insurance Co. Mr. Doherty spent multiple years as claims counsel for a national... | Read More
Prior to joining Westcor Land Title Insurance Co. Mr. Doherty spent multiple years as claims counsel for a national title insurance underwriter. He is an active member of the New Jersey Land Title Association.Close
Michael R. O'Donnell
Riker Danzig Scherer Hyland & Perretti
Mr. O’Donnell has represented every major title insurer including Chicago Title Insurance Co., First American... | Read More
Mr. O’Donnell has represented every major title insurer including Chicago Title Insurance Co., First American Title Insurance Co., Fidelity National Title Insurance Co., Old Republic National Title Insurance Co., Stewart Title Guaranty Company, Westcor Land Title Insurance Co., and New Jersey Title Insurance Co., as well as their insureds. He has served as coverage counsel for title underwriters on numerous wide-ranging real estate frauds, some of which losses exceeded $45 million.Close