Clergy Taxation: Housing Allowances, W-2 Reporting, Deason Rule, Gifts, and Social Security
Note: CLE credit is not offered on this program
A live 110-minute CPE webinar with interactive Q&A
This webinar will explain the unique aspects of tax return preparation and planning for members of the clergy. Our panel will cover the treatment of earnings by ministerial employees, including employment by a congregation, retirement income, social security, gifts, and housing allowances.
- Who is a minister?
- W-2 or independent contractor
- Housing allowance
- Forms of income including gifts and honorariums
- Fringe benefits
- Retirement considerations
- COVID-19 relief for nonprofits
The panel will review these and other notable issues:
- Who is a minister for tax purposes?
- What are deductible housing costs for clergy?
- What income or benefits are taxable to ministerial employees?
- How to properly prepare a clergy employee's Form W-2
Hartley Tax & Accounting
Ms. Hartley provides ministers with expert tax consultation concerning ministry tax. She is a tax accountant... | Read More
Ms. Hartley provides ministers with expert tax consultation concerning ministry tax. She is a tax accountant specializing in ministry tax and accounting with 33 years of experience in the accounting field and 28 years specializing in ministry tax.Close
to be announced.
Early Discount (through 05/14/21)
CPE credit processing is available for an additional fee of $39.
CPE processing must be ordered prior to the event. See NASBA details.