Class Action Litigation After Epic Systems: Enforcing Class Action Waivers
A live 90-minute CLE webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will discuss the recent Supreme Court decision in Epic Systems v. Lewis and its impact on class action litigation. The webinar will explore how recent Supreme Court decisions are enforcing class action waivers against attempts to invalidate them and discuss how courts are applying the Epic Systems ruling at all stages of ongoing class action litigation as well as lessons for practitioners to leverage these decisions.
- Overview of Epic ruling and impact on class action waivers
- Strategies for drafting enforceable arbitration agreements and class waivers
- Class certification and other challenges relating to waiver and arbitration clauses
- Recent cases on arbitration clauses and class action waivers post-Epic Systems
- Discussion of pending or recently enacted legislation designed to limit the use of arbitration, including a recent bill introduced in Congress to amend the FAA
The panel will review these and other relevant topics:
- What does the Epic ruling allow regarding mandatory arbitration agreements and class waivers?
- What is on the horizon for proposed or recent legislation that may affect the Epic decision?
- What new strategies should defense counsel expect to see from plaintiffs' attorneys, considering the potential increased use of class action waivers?
Robert E. Boone, III
Mr. Boone is the Leader of the Firm's Class and Derivative Actions Client Service Group. His practice focuses... | Read More
Mr. Boone is the Leader of the Firm's Class and Derivative Actions Client Service Group. His practice focuses on defending financial institutions and manufacturers against consumer class actions, complex commercial disputes and product liability/tort litigation in federal and state courts nationwide. He represents food manufacturers against slack fill claim and authored the article, Defending Food Packaging Design Against Slack Fill Claims.Close
to be announced.
Buy Live Webinar
Includes Early Discount Savings of $50 (through 02/22/19)
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
Includes special savings of $250 (through 02/22/19)
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$344 + $19.45 S&H