Claims Against Long-Term Care Facilities: Negligence, Damages, and Individual Criminal Liability
A live 90-minute CLE webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will guide elder law counsel on the legal issues and critical challenges in pursuing claims against long-term care facilities and related service providers. The panel will discuss federal and state regulations, standards of care, service provider negligence, damages, recent cases, and enforcement actions, and potential criminal liability.
- Governing laws, regulations, and oversight
- ACA quality of care-related requirements
- Standard of care requirements for long-term care facilities
- Key considerations and mishaps to avoid in the pursuit of claims against long-term care facilities
- Gathering supporting documentation
- Settlement options and negotiation strategies
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What are the governing laws and regulations applicable to long-term care facilities?
- What oversight organizations exist and what are their essential functions?
- What are the standard of care requirements for long-term care facilities?
- What are the potential causes of action for noncompliance?
- What are the considerations and mistakes to avoid in pursuing claims against a long-term care facility or service provider?
- What are the potential challenges in gathering the required supporting documentation?
- Who could be subject to potential criminal prosecution?
- What are the critical considerations in negotiating settlements?
Margaret Battersby Black
Levin & Perconti
Ms. Black has played a key role in a number of nursing home and medical malpractice cases. She is well-known for her... | Read More
Ms. Black has played a key role in a number of nursing home and medical malpractice cases. She is well-known for her work on behalf of individuals and families in lawsuits involving nursing home abuse and negligence. Among Ms. Black’s most notable results is a $4.1 million record Illinois jury verdict in 2017 in a nursing home medication error lawsuit. She has also achieved many seven figure and significant six figure settlements for her nursing home clients. She is a frequent speaker on nursing home litigation.Close
Monica C. Fillmore
Ms. Fillmore is a skilled litigator who represents healthcare providers and institutions in long-term care, medical... | Read More
Ms. Fillmore is a skilled litigator who represents healthcare providers and institutions in long-term care, medical malpractice, and dental malpractice matters. She also has experience successfully representing her clients throughout professional board proceedings and in personal injury cases.Close
Buy Live Webinar
Includes Early Discount Savings of $50 (through 09/27/19)
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
Includes special savings of $170 (through 09/27/19)
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$224 + $19.45 S&H