Circular A-122: Navigating Cost Principles With Federal Grants
Ascertaining Whether Rent, Personnel and Other Costs Charged to Grants are Allowable
Recording of a 110-minute CPE webinar with Q&A
The teleconference will provide advisors to non-profits with a review of the material terms of OMB Circular A-122 and the practical realities of evaluating whether a particular cost can be charged to the government agency awarding the grant.
- Material terms of Circular A-122
- Basic considerations
- Direct and indirect costs
- Specific cost items considered
- Allocation of indirect costs
- Determination, negotiation and approval of indirect cost rates
- Approaches to document costs under Circular A-122
- Key current challenges with NPO cost decisions
- Related-party rent
- Appropriate cost allocation methodologies
- Indirect cost pools
The panel will explore these and other relevant issues:
- Unique costs and cost principles for non-profits as explained under Circular A-122.
- Steps to document those costs.
- Problematic aspects and issues, such as related-party rent, program personnel knowledge of Circular A-122, and reasonableness of a cost allocation approach.
- General approaches to pool or segregate direct and indirect costs.
Following the speaker presentations, you'll have an opportunity to get answers to your specific questions during the interactive Q&A.
Anne Worrell Beech
A. Worrell Beech
Her consulting firm provides financial data services to government contractors and other small and medium-sized... | Read More
Her consulting firm provides financial data services to government contractors and other small and medium-sized businesses involved with federal awards. She has more than 20 years of accounting and finance experience and previously worked as CFO for a company in the Washington D.C. area.Close
Rubino & McGeehin
He provides accounting and consulting services to not-for-profit and government contracting clients and has... | Read More
He provides accounting and consulting services to not-for-profit and government contracting clients and has considerable experience with Circular A-122 and other cost accounting standards and principles. He has 28 years of professional experience with accounting firms and the Defense Contract Audit Agency.Close