Chinese Anti-Corruption Law Amendment and the FCPA: One Year Later
Best Practices for Responding to a Chinese Government Commercial Bribery Investigation
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE course will provide guidance for counsel to companies doing business in China to prepare for and respond to Chinese government investigations. The panel will examine the Chinese anti-corruption amendment, its interplay with the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), and how the law is being enforced.
- China’s anti-corruption amendment and the interplay with the FCPA
- Chinese enforcement
- Sources of enforcement risk
- Modes of government investigation
- Enforcement cycle
- Responding to Chinese government commercial bribery investigation
- Cooperative approach to investigation
- Developing narrative of events
- Securing the evidence
- Operational concerns
- Common approaches
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- How do the Chinese anti-corruption law and the FCPA interact with each other in practice?
- How has the Chinese government enforced China's anti-bribery laws domestically?
- What are best practices for companies to respond to Chinese government anti-corruption investigations?
Following the speaker presentations, you'll have an opportunity to get answers to your specific questions during the interactive Q&A.
Amy L. Sommers
Ms. Sommers focuses on advising on investment and operation in restricted sectors. She is a leading China-based... | Read More
Ms. Sommers focuses on advising on investment and operation in restricted sectors. She is a leading China-based practitioner in FCPA and anti-bribery compliance. She works closely with clients in developing strategies for compliance with the FCPA and PRC anti-bribery laws, and provides global solutions for clients facing the challenges of increasingly complex regulation and intensified global enforcement.Close
Greater China Practice Leader, Fraud Investigation & Dispute Services
Ernst & Young (China) Advisory Limited
He specializes in fraud investigations and risk management consulting for businesses operating in Asia. He assists... | Read More
He specializes in fraud investigations and risk management consulting for businesses operating in Asia. He assists multinational companies in investigating fraud and irregularities in their Asia operations, frequently with the involvement of U.S. law enforcement and regulatory authorities. He focuses on conducting FCPA investigations and risk assessments in China.Close
Susan M. Ringler
Deputy General Counsel