CGL Exclusions: Navigating Contractual Liability, Business Risk, Third-Party Over, and Data Breach Exclusions
Advocating Scope of the Exclusions From the Policyholder and Insurer Perspectives
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will discuss common CGL policy exclusions that are frequently contested in commercial business disputes, including contractual liability, business risk, third-party over, pollution, and data breach exclusions. The program will analyze recent case law developments interpreting the scope of these exclusions and outline effective arguments for both insurers and policyholders in insurance disputes.
- Contractual liability
- Business risk
- Employer’s liability or third-party over
- Data breach
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- What is the key to determining the line between business risk and a covered risk?
- What is an "insured contract" as set out in one of the exceptions to the contractual liability exclusion and how is the definition critical to understanding the coverage provided?
- In what circumstances may employers be facing the employer’s liability or third-party over exclusion?
- What are the most recent case law developments regarding the scope and applicability of the pollution exclusion?
Following the speaker presentations, you'll have an opportunity to get answers to your specific questions during the interactive Q&A.
Mr. Friedman provides corporate insurance counseling to companies in Florida, the Caribbean, New York, and other... | Read More
Mr. Friedman provides corporate insurance counseling to companies in Florida, the Caribbean, New York, and other U.S. and foreign jurisdictions. He also advised the State of Florida on insurance policy issues. He writes extensively about insurance coverage for many publications, including National Underwriter, Business Insurance, Risk & Insurance, South Florida Business Journal, and Harvard Law Record.Close
Robert S. Marshall
Nicolaides Fink Thorpe Michaelides Sullivan
A seasoned litigator with over 20 years’ experience, Mr. Marshall focuses his practice on successfully... | Read More
A seasoned litigator with over 20 years’ experience, Mr. Marshall focuses his practice on successfully protecting clients’ interests in jury trials, bench trials, appeals, arbitrations and mediations across the United States. His diversified litigation and insurance coverage experience includes evaluating and managing complex disputes for insurers involving a wide variety of subject areas.Close