CFIUS Regulations and FINSA Compliance: Surviving Heightened Federal Scrutiny
Leveraging Lessons from Recent CFIUS Cases
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide guidance for counsel to U.S. businesses accepting foreign investments, explain lessons from the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States' (CFIUS) regulations, and discuss best practices for companies to comply with the regulations implementing the Foreign Investment and National Security Act of 2007 (FINSA).
- Recent developments and implications of recent decisions
- Intersection of CFIUS processes and other national security review processes
- Strategic considerations and regulatory compliance
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- What are the lessons for counsel from the treatment of investments by Chinese or other foreign entities under the CFIUS regulations?
- What impact have the FINSA regulations had on transactions which present national security concerns?
- What steps should counsel and companies take to comply with the regulations when considering foreign investment opportunities or working with foreign investors?
Following the speaker presentations, you'll have an opportunity to get answers to your specific questions during the interactive Q&A.
Karalyn Meany Mildorf
Ms. Mildorf focuses her practice in the areas of Exon-Florio reviews before the Committee on Foreign Investment in... | Read More
Ms. Mildorf focuses her practice in the areas of Exon-Florio reviews before the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS), industrial security and export control compliance. She has extensive experience with national security requirements in connection with complex transactions, including negotiation and implementation of CFIUS mitigation arrangements covering a variety of market sectors and security issues. She has negotiated, prepared, and advised regarding compliance with, and implementation of, numerous FOCI mitigation arrangements, including Special Security Agreements, Proxy Agreements, Security Control Agreements and FOCI Board Resolutions.Close
Stroock & Stroock & Lavan
Ms. Salladin, prior to joining the firm, served as Senior Counsel at the U.S. Department of the Treasury, where she... | Read More
Ms. Salladin, prior to joining the firm, served as Senior Counsel at the U.S. Department of the Treasury, where she had responsibility for providing legal advice on CFIUS matters and participated in the review and investigation of well over 500 transactions filed with CFIUS, including all of the major Chinese acquisitions of U.S. businesses in recent years. These transactions involved companies or investors from nearly every leading world economy. She also participated in revising and implementing the CFIUS regulations.Close