CFIUS: Investments From China, CFIUS Risk, Going Forward Under the Biden Administration
A live 90-minute CLE video webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will guide counsel to U.S. businesses accepting foreign investments and examine the Foreign Investment Risk Review Modernization Act (FIRRMA). The panel will also discuss lessons from recent Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS) decisions. The panel will offer best practices for companies navigating the CFIUS process in light of recent developments.
- Implications of the new administration for foreign investment
- Investments from China and the CFIUS risk
- Increasing CFIUS caseload
The panel will review these and other relevant issues:
- How does the new administration impact the challenge to get clearance for acquisitions that raise national security concerns?
- What steps should counsel and companies take to comply with the regulations and address potential issues when considering foreign investment opportunities or working with foreign investors?
- What are the lessons for counsel from recent CFIUS decisions and other relevant developments?
White & Case
Mr. Schomig is counsel in the Firm's National Security and CFIUS (Committee on Foreign Investment in the United... | Read More
Mr. Schomig is counsel in the Firm's National Security and CFIUS (Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States) practice, focusing his practice in the areas of Exon-Florio reviews before CFIUS and foreign ownership, control, or influence (FOCI) mitigation matters before the US Departments of Defense and Energy. His experience includes working on major defense industry acquisitions, representing clients in numerous CFIUS reviews and investigations, and advising companies regarding a multitude of FOCI mitigation and compliance matters.Close
Andy M. Walker
Mr. Walker is a strategy consultant and advisor to clients who are working to understand the business and financial... | Read More
Mr. Walker is a strategy consultant and advisor to clients who are working to understand the business and financial model impacts of the CFIUS requirements, and works with companies post-mitigation program to develop the programs and operating models required by CFIUS and FOCI-mitigation agreements. He has worked with major Telecom, High Tech and A&D clients to set-up special business entities, as well as to make the changes required to pass National Security audits.Close
Buy Live Webinar
Early Discount (through 03/19/21)
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
Includes special savings of $250 (through 03/19/21)
Live Webinar & Download