Care Coordination, Clinical Integration, Group Practices and Research, Oh, My: Designing Healthcare Provider Incentives After COVID and New Stark Law and AKS Final Rules
Care Coordination, Clinical Integration, and Research
A live 90-minute CLE video webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE course will guide healthcare counsel and advisers on the emerging trends in financial incentives for physicians and other providers and the pitfalls in properly documenting, structuring, and implementing them. The panel will review the relevant changes to the Stark and Anti-Kickback Statute regulations, the implications for physician incentives, and the different regulatory structures under which healthcare organizations must operate.
- Emerging trends and focus areas for healthcare provider financial incentives, including new "care team" bonuses allowed for group practices and rules about group practice protection for value based enterprise profits
- Old and new pitfalls in documentation, structure, and implementation, as evidenced through case law and regulatory guidance
- Commercial reasonableness and FMV after new Stark Law and AKS Final Rules, including how these concepts and their importance have changed (and also how they haven't changed)
- Best practices for avoiding pitfalls in the design and structuring of incentive compensation arrangements in 2021 and forward
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- What are the recent trends in physician incentives?
- What steps can healthcare advisers take to ensure regulatory compliance when structuring physician incentives?
- What are the implications for compliance with the Stark Law, the AKS, and other laws and regulations?
Andrea M. Ferrari, JD, MPH
Ms. Ferrari focuses on physician payments related to hospital-physician alignment and efficiency improvement... | Read More
Ms. Ferrari focuses on physician payments related to hospital-physician alignment and efficiency improvement strategies, valuation of services provided by physician-hospital organizations, payments for services provided in connection with clinical research/clinical trial agreements, payments for physician supervision of midlevel practitioners, and health practitioner recruitment and support arrangements. She has provided counsel and representation to various types of clients in the healthcare industry, including hospitals, physicians and physician groups, and pharmaceutical and medical device vendors, distributors, and manufacturers. She works with clients in all 50 states.
Vonne M. Jacobs
Hall Render Killian Heath & Lyman
Ms. Jacobs focuses her practice in the area of healthcare transactions. Calling upon her years of dedicated experience,... | Read More
Ms. Jacobs focuses her practice in the area of healthcare transactions. Calling upon her years of dedicated experience, she provides practical, pragmatic advice to help her clients achieve their strategic goals. Within the highly regulated health care industry, Ms. Jacobs advises clients, including hospitals, health systems, AMCs and large physician groups, on transactions. She serves as a regulatory adviser, providing fraud and abuse analysis in the context of a deal and ensuring her clients remain compliant with the regulations that govern health care transactions.Close