Captive Insurance Companies: Business, Estate Planning and Asset Protection Considerations
Best Practices for Structure, Implementation and Choice of Domicile Through Industry-Specific Case Studies
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will prepare estate planning counsel to leverage tax and asset protection benefits for clients by using captive insurance companies. Our experienced panel will provide best practices that are within IRS guidelines and safe harbors for structure and implementation through real-world examples in various industries.
- History of captives and 831(b) architecture
- Why form a captive?
- Gift and estate tax planning techniques
- Asset protection
- Industry-specific case studies
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- How do captive insurance companies provide estate planning benefits?
- What are the requirements of IRC 831(b) to form a captive insurance company? How does it apply to small and mid-size businesses?
- What are the key approaches to maximize the benefits of captive arrangements within IRS guidelines?
- What should counsel consider in choosing an appropriate domicile?
- How can you appropriately maximize a captive as an asset protection vehicle?
Following the speaker presentations, you'll have an opportunity to get answers to your specific questions during the interactive Q&A.
Senior Vice President
Dolgin Law Group
Ms. Gordon focuses her practice on estate and trust planning, asset protection, estate and trust administration,... | Read More
Ms. Gordon focuses her practice on estate and trust planning, asset protection, estate and trust administration, business succession planning and charitable giving. She advises clients on structuring estates in light of increasingly complex and changing state and local laws and also assists families with elder law planning. Ms. Gordon is experienced in probate and trust administration, working with executors and trustees to administer decedent estates and trusts.Close
Robert K. Wold, AFIS, CLCS
Mr. Wold is an advisor on the Commercial Risk team. He has more than 10 years of experience in financial and insurance... | Read More
Mr. Wold is an advisor on the Commercial Risk team. He has more than 10 years of experience in financial and insurance related risk with a particular focus on Oil and Natural Gas, Water-Waste Water, Agribusiness, & Construction. Prior to joining HUB, Mr. Wold was a Principal at Woodrush Capital Corporation, and the Vice President of Sales at ROE Company.Close