Canadian Transfer Pricing Audits of U.S. Companies Soar: Are you Ready?
Strategies to Minimize Tax Liability When Facing Canada Revenue Agency Reviews
Recording of a 100-minute CPE webinar with Q&A
This seminar will offer experienced perspectives on transfer pricing audits in Canada and the U.S. to help accounting professionals prepare clients for the Canada Review Agency's increasingly difficult audit process.
- Review of Recent Legal, Regulatory and Enforcement Developments Relevant to Transfer Pricing
- CRA’s recent increase in transfer pricing audits
- Tax Court of Canada’s GlaxoSmithKline decision
- Status and impact of U.S.-Canada Income Tax Treaty protocol
- Legal and regulatory wrap-up
- Managing Internal Operations to Mitigate Potential Audit Assessment
- Transfer pricing planning for cross border transactions
- Conducting internal audits
- Best practices
- Maintaining Thorough Documentation of Cross Border Transactions
- What types of documentation are necessary?
- Ensuring that documentation is thorough
- Anticipating contemporaneous documentation requests
- A foreign company’s obligations for information reporting to the CRA
- Understanding the CCRA Audit Process
- Overview of transactions likely to put a taxpayer on the CRA’s audit radar
- Complying with contemporaneous documentation requests
- Justifying pricing decisions
- Audit best practices and conduct
The panel will fortify you to deal with CRA auditors through:
- Understanding recent legal, regulatory and enforcement developments in order to fully grasp the subtleties of the Canadian system.
- Developing internal controls that anticipate and minimize problems that could lead to audit.
- Maintaining thorough and stringent documentation standards to accurately represent a client's position.
- Advising clients during the audit process to effectively mitigate the potential reassessment.
He has over 16 years of experience in transfer pricing in Canada, which includes five years with the Canada Revenue... | Read More
He has over 16 years of experience in transfer pricing in Canada, which includes five years with the Canada Revenue Agency. He speaks and writes frequently on transfer pricing topics.Close
Deloitte & Touche
He manages transfer pricing engagements for large multinational corporations facing Canada Customs and Revenue Agency... | Read More
He manages transfer pricing engagements for large multinational corporations facing Canada Customs and Revenue Agency audits. He has served as liaison between the CCRA and the Tax Executives Institute.Close
Baker & McKenzie
He focuses on transfer pricing and other international corporate tax issues for multinational corporations. He has... | Read More
He focuses on transfer pricing and other international corporate tax issues for multinational corporations. He has written and lectured extensively on transfer pricing and other Canada tax topics.Close
Other Formats— Anytime, Anywhere
On-Demand Seminar Audio