California Consumer Privacy Act, TCPA and GDPR: Complying With Mobile Communications Marketing Rules
Trends in Enforcement Actions, Building and Maintaining Compliant Marketing Programs
This program is postponed. New date TBD.
A live 90-minute CLE webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will guide corporate counsel in creating and implementing mobile communications marketing policies that comply with the new California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), the TCPA and GDPR. The panel will outline the nuances of these rules and laws, challenges businesses are facing in developing compliant marketing programs, and best practices for avoiding government enforcement actions and civil litigation.
- CCPA requirements and its impact on businesses inside and outside California
- TCPA requirements for mobile marketers
- Recent consumer privacy enforcement activity and litigation trends
- Areas of potential liability
- Best practices to meet regulatory standards and minimize liability
The panel will review these and other relevant questions:
- What are the CCPA's requirements and how does it impact businesses outside of California?
- What are the latest TCPA and consumer privacy enforcement trends and litigation developments?
- What measures should companies take to ensure that their written consent practices comply with the TCPA rules in addition to GDPR?
- How should counsel manage the ambiguities of the rules concerning automated dialing systems?
Holland & Knight
Mr. Bond is a financial services litigator and is the co-practice leader of the firm’s Information... | Read More
Mr. Bond is a financial services litigator and is the co-practice leader of the firm’s Information Technology, Privacy & Data Security Group and member of the IP, Information & Innovation Group. He focuses his practice in the areas of data security, privacy and management. Mr. Bond counsels clients on how to meet their obligations under the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act , the Fair Credit Reporting Act and its Identity Theft Red Flags regulations, and dozens of other federal and state privacy laws and regulations.Close
Mr. Long advises international clients on a variety of social media, data protection, privacy, information security,... | Read More
Mr. Long advises international clients on a variety of social media, data protection, privacy, information security, e-commerce and other regulatory matters. He has experience with EU and international e-commerce, consumer, social media, data protection and payments projects, advising on e-commerce, consumer and social media regulation, data security and other data protection issues.Close
Edward R. McNicholas
Mr. McNicholas has an expansive practice representing clients facing complex information technology, constitutional and... | Read More
Mr. McNicholas has an expansive practice representing clients facing complex information technology, constitutional and privacy issues in civil and white-collar criminal matters. He focuses on trial and appellate representations of technologically-sophisticated clients facing complex personal information and cybersecurity issues. He has significant experience with Internet and information law matters involving privacy and data protection, electronic surveillance, cybersecurity, cloud computing, trade secrets, online advertising, social media, “big data” and national security.Close