Built-in-Gains Provisions in C-to-S Corp Conversions: Avoiding Double Taxation Through BIG Planning
Pre-Conversion Valuations and Calculations, Identifying Losses to Offset BIG, Using C Corp Attributes to Minimize Tax
A live 110-minute CPE webinar with interactive Q&A
This webinar will provide tax advisers with a comprehensive guide to the pre-conversion planning opportunities available to minimize or avoid built-in-gains (BIG) tax in converting existing C corporations to S corps. The panel will discuss the identification and valuation of assets subject to BIG tax and discuss strategies to offset BIG through planning steps before the S corp conversion.
- Identifying assets subject to BIG tax in the conversion planning process
- Valuation requirements and options
- Projecting BIG tax impact post-conversion
- Transactions during the recognition period
- Using C corp attributes to offset BIG tax
- Pre-conversion strategies for minimizing BIG tax
The panel will discuss these and other important questions:
- How to identify assets subject to BIG tax
- Appraisal and valuation requirements and adjustments for all assets, whether on the balance sheet or not
- How to estimate BIG tax liability
- What strategies are available to utilize C corporation attributes to offset BIG tax?
- What strategies can advisers employ to minimize the BIG tax impact on assets pre-conversion?
Marcus E. Dyer, CPA, JD
Team Leader of Tax Controversy
Mr. Dyer manages and reviews all aspects of federal and state tax compliance for C-corporation, S corporation and... | Read More
Mr. Dyer manages and reviews all aspects of federal and state tax compliance for C-corporation, S corporation and partnership returns, including consolidated C-corporation returns. He advises businesses on a wide array of tax matters including but not limited to reorganizations and employee benefits. He manages and reviews all aspects of the preparation of high net worth individual returns and conducts tax research on federal and state tax issues. He also handles tax controversies, including at the examination, appeals and collections stages.Close
to be announced.
Buy Live Webinar
Early Discount (through 02/05/21)
CPE credit processing is available for an additional fee of $39. CPE processing must be ordered prior to the event.
See NASBA details.
Live Webinar & CPE Processing
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
Includes special savings of $200 (through 02/05/21)
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$194 + $24.45 S&H