Building Green: Legal and Tax Issues in Commercial and Residential Construction
Navigating the Regulatory and Legal Challenges of Sustainable Real Estate
Bailout bill extends tax incentives for green commercial buildings until 2013
Recording of a 90-minute CLE/CPE webinar with Q&A
This seminar will explain the legal and tax issues to consider when developing green construction projects and offer strategies for dealing with potential disputes that may arise when building green.
- Current trends and opportunities
- Prescriptive and performance measures for green building
- Tax incentives in bailout bill
- Emerging technologies
- Legal considerations in green building projects
- Contract provisions
- Insurance coverage
- Green building disputes and liability issues
- Tax strategies for green building
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- How can counsel help builders and construction companies take advantage of the opportunities in green building?
- How can counsel for builders and developers best protect their clients' interests in contract negotiations regarding green building?
- What measures should be taken to ensure that insurance coverage for green building projects is adequate?
- What strategies should counsel employ to defend against disputes and litigation arising from a green construction project?
- What tax strategies are emerging for green building projects?
Following the speaker presentations, you'll have an opportunity to get answers to your specific questions during the interactive Q&A.
Jeffrey D. Masters
Cox Castle Nicholson
He is co-chair of the firm's Development Risk Management Practice Group. He represents developers and homebuilders in... | Read More
He is co-chair of the firm's Development Risk Management Practice Group. He represents developers and homebuilders in real estate litigation. He is a frequent lecturer for real estate industry groups.Close
He performs Cost Segregation Studies for clients ranging from Fortune 500 companies to individual real estate... | Read More
He performs Cost Segregation Studies for clients ranging from Fortune 500 companies to individual real estate investors. He provides real estate and tax consulting services regarding energy efficiency. He is a frequent speaker on cost segregation and energy efficient commercial building deductions.Close
La Jolla Pacific
He is a construction quality expert with more than 25 years of experience in the real estate industry, covering all... | Read More
He is a construction quality expert with more than 25 years of experience in the real estate industry, covering all aspects of planning, development, construction and management. He is a frequent speaker at industry conferences and has authored numerous articles on construction quality and risk management issues.Close
Other Formats— Anytime, Anywhere
CLE On-Demand Audio