Blockchain in Trademark Transactions, Enforcement
Documenting Use in Commerce, Detecting Counterfeit Goods, Chain of Ownership and Assignments, and More
Recording of a 90-minute CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will examine the many possible uses of blockchain for trademark transactions. The panel will discuss how brand owners can leverage blockchain in establishing, licensing and enforcing trademark rights.
- Uses of blockchain in trademark transactions
- Record of the trademark creation
- Register and clear IP rights
- Evidence of use in commerce
- Establish and enforce trademark licenses
- Evidence of chain of ownership
- Detection of grey or parallel imported goods
- Certification verification
- Best practices for leveraging blockchain
The panel will review these and other high profile issues:
- How will blockchain affect trademarks? What are the benefits of blockchain in trademark transactions?
- How can brand owners use blockchain to reduce the number of counterfeits?
- What steps should counsel take to leverage blockchain to enforce trademark rights?
Mr. Collen is the Coordinator of the Blockchain Task Force for the Emerging Issues Committee of the International... | Read More
Mr. Collen is the Coordinator of the Blockchain Task Force for the Emerging Issues Committee of the International Trademark Association (INTA), sits on the Blockchain Intellectual Property Council within the Digital Chamber of Commerce, and is a Founding Member of the Chamber's Token Alliance Group. He has spoken on trademarks/blockchain at events at the U.S. Capitol, Harvard Business School, University of Pennsylvania, Vanderbilt University, Stanford University, and Wake Forest University Law Schools, various law firms, and “LegalTech” events.Close
Susan M. Kayser
Ms. Kayser litigates and counsels clients including international brands and startups, on trademark, advertising, and... | Read More
Ms. Kayser litigates and counsels clients including international brands and startups, on trademark, advertising, and copyright matters. She provides strategic advice to brand owners in the apparel, fashion, luxury, consumer products, and automotive industries and has been on the forefront of contributory infringement law on the Internet. She handles all aspects of USPTO practice. She also provides counseling, manages multibillion dollar worldwide trademark portfolios and worldwide clearance projects, serves as lead negotiator for multi-jurisdictional disputes, and leads IP due diligence teams for brand acquisitions.Close