Blockchain Applications in Real Estate Finance: Mortgage Origination, Securitization and Servicing
A live 90-minute premium CLE webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will familiarize real estate finance counsel with some of the current and potential uses of Blockchain and distributed ledger technology (DLT) in commercial mortgage origination, securitization, custody, and servicing. The panel will also discuss the legal and regulatory hurdles companies may encounter in moving transactions onto a distributed ledger or Blockchain.
- DLT and blockchain
- Legal and regulatory issues
The panel will review these and other critical issues:
- What is a distributed ledger, and how does it change the documentation of transactions and information?
- How can smart contract execution and enforcement be embedded in a distributed ledger or Blockchain?
- What are the custody issues concerning DLT applications such as virtual currency and how are these currencies custodied in a way that satisfies existing statutory law and regulation?
- How is an eMortgage and eNote custodied, what is the MERS Registry, and what are the legal issues which need to be addressed in new documentation?
- What are some of the current and proposed uses for Blockchain in mortgage-backed securities?
- What legal issues arise with Blockchain that are not present with more conventional formats?
Seth W. Goettelman
Kovitz Shifrin Nesbit
Mr. Goettelman advises clients as they plan, finance, negotiate, and complete complex business transactions through... | Read More
Mr. Goettelman advises clients as they plan, finance, negotiate, and complete complex business transactions through every stage of the business life cycle. He handles mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, capital market transactions, minority and control investments, licensing, and other corporate law services.Close
Mr. Peery is a leader in the firm in providing investment management counsel and is a leading authority worldwide in... | Read More
Mr. Peery is a leader in the firm in providing investment management counsel and is a leading authority worldwide in over-the-counter derivatives, futures and derivatives in securitizations.Close
Ms. Yiannoulis-Riva's practice primarily focuses on commercial real estate matters, including assisting private and... | Read More
Ms. Yiannoulis-Riva's practice primarily focuses on commercial real estate matters, including assisting private and institutional clients with a variety of real estate transactions such as property acquisitions and dispositions, loan transactions, and title matters. She also provides comprehensive advice on a variety of leasing matters for corporate and private clients in the fashion, retail, and luxury sectors, among others. Additionally, Ms. Yiannoulis-Riva has represented institutional clients in certain areas of commercial finance, including debt financing and other lending transactions.Close
Buy Live Webinar
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
A savings of $250
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$444 + $19.45 S&H