BLM and Employment Policies: Enforcement of First Amendment, Title VII, the NLRA, State Labor Laws
Anti-Discrimination Policies, Diversity Initiatives, Restrictions on Activities Outside Employment and Social Media
A live 90-minute CLE webinar with interactive Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide employment counsel with guidance on how to best create a safe and supportive work environment for black employees, employees of color, and other minority employees and to address the demands of the Black Lives Matter (BLM) movement by changing company policies and practices while adhering to current federal and state laws related to free speech and political activity.
- History of BLM movement
- First Amendment rights: private vs. public employers
- Title VII and EEO
- State regulations on political speech
- Anti-discrimination policies
- Diversity initiatives
- Employer regulation on behavior outside the workplace, including social media
The panel will review these and other key issues:
- How can employers balance employees' demands under BLM and other employees' rights?
- What must employers do to comply with First amendment, Title VII, and NLRA requirements?
- Which states provide employees protections regarding political speech?
- How can employers update their harassment policies to address BLM issues?
- Can diversity initiatives be used to effectuate BLM demands?
Clifford B. Glover, III
Mr. Glover focuses largely on the management side of employment litigation and counseling, representing various... | Read More
Mr. Glover focuses largely on the management side of employment litigation and counseling, representing various businesses in state and federal courts throughout Maryland and the District of Columbia. Recognizing that litigation is often a last resort, when necessary, he is a fierce advocate for his clients, with experience litigating matters involving discrimination, sexual harassment, wage and hour claims, non-competition and non-solicitation covenants, and breach of contract.Close
Ms. Siler-Nixon has extensive experience handling Family and Medical Leave Act claims and has successfully litigated... | Read More
Ms. Siler-Nixon has extensive experience handling Family and Medical Leave Act claims and has successfully litigated multiple plaintiff Age Discrimination claims in state and federal court. She provides regular training and counsel to employers on a variety of issues to ensure compliance with new laws and emerging trends. Ms. Siler-Nixon provides helpful tools, including checklists for employers to use to detect and prevent potential claims and acts as a partner to employers in evaluating day-to-day employment decisions from disciplinary actions to termination.Close
Buy Live Webinar
Early Discount (through 10/30/20)
Buy Live Webinar & Recording
Includes special savings of $250 (through 10/30/20)
Live Webinar & Download
Live Webinar & DVD
$344 + $24.45 S&H