Bankruptcy Section 1111(b)(2) Elections, Plan Feasibility and Cramdown Interest Rate Complexities
Navigating Advantages for Secured Lenders and Potential Traps for Debtors
Recording of a 90-minute premium CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide counsel with a review of Section 1111(b)(2) election for secured lenders and the impact of the election on cramdown strategies. The program will also discuss cramdown interest rates and the impact rates have on cramdown strategies.
- Scope of the 1111(b)(2) election
- Strategies for secured lenders in considering the election
- Impact of the election on the debtor's cramdown plan
- Impact of cramdown interest rates on cramdown strategies
The panel will review these and other vital questions:
- What opportunities does the 1111(b)(2) election present for secured lenders facing cramdown by the property owner?
- What must real estate owners understand about the 1111(b) election to determine whether a lender's election can undermine the owner's cramdown objectives?
- What impact does the cramdown interest rate play in determining the value of the lender's 1111(b)(2) election claim?
Michael E. Foreman
Managing Director and Head of NY Office
Mr. Foreman is a senior corporate restructuring professional and independent director, who combines major law firm... | Read More
Mr. Foreman is a senior corporate restructuring professional and independent director, who combines major law firm partnership experience (including over 20 years with Proskauer Rose LLP) with C-Suite business acumen. His experience includes acting as a trusted advisor to clients facing significant challenge and transformation--financial distress, business crisis, financing workouts and replacement, senior management, and corporate governance transition and litigation. He provides multidisciplinary solutions that draw on his combined experience in corporate restructuring, bankruptcy, governance, and dispute resolution.Close
Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer
Mr. Mintz has extensive transactional and litigation experience and has played active roles in many high-profile... | Read More
Mr. Mintz has extensive transactional and litigation experience and has played active roles in many high-profile restructuring matters. His transaction experience is broad-based and includes the negotiating and drafting of complex asset purchase agreements, loan agreements, investment agreements, subordination, and intercreditor agreements, factoring agreements, and reorganization plans. He has also been actively involved in litigation matters throughout the country, including bankruptcy courts, federal district courts, state courts, and appellate courts.Close