Bank Mergers and Consolidation: Structuring M&A Deals
Overcoming Hurdles of Capital Requirements, TARP Funds, and Other Regulatory Demands
Recording of a 90-minute premium CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will discuss current trends and opportunities in bank M&A, the legal and regulatory hurdles that must be considered, the different ways banks can approach and structure a merger or consolidation deal, and best practices for due diligence.
- Current trends and opportunities in bank M&A
Legal and regulatory issues in bank M&A deals
- Valuation and pricing
- Regulatory issues (TARP, capital requirements, AML/BSA/OFAC scrutiny, new mortgage and consumer protection rules)
- Regulatory issues facing private equity and hedge fund investors
- Structuring the deal and due diligence
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- What are the key drivers behind bank mergers and consolidations?
- What are the legal and regulatory issues that must be considered in a bank M&A deal?
- What unique regulatory demands face private equity investors in the banking sector?
- What are the most effective due diligence strategies for parties on both sides of a bank merger deal?
Following the speaker presentations, you'll have an opportunity to get answers to your specific questions during the interactive Q&A.
Mark C. Kanaly
Alston & Bird
Mr. Kanaly's practice focuses on transactional and regulatory issues confronted by companies in the financial... | Read More
Mr. Kanaly's practice focuses on transactional and regulatory issues confronted by companies in the financial services and real estate securities arenas. His clients include banks, thrifts, specialty finance companies, real estate investment vehicles, hedge funds, broker-dealers and investment advisers. He assists clients with mergers, acquisitions, corporate formations, restructurings and regulatory issues.Close
C. Robert Monroe
Stinson Morrison Hecker
Mr. Monroe serves as counsel to well over 100 financial institutions. He has significant experience in matters... | Read More
Mr. Monroe serves as counsel to well over 100 financial institutions. He has significant experience in matters involving bank and bank holding company mergers and formations, branch acquisitions, conversion to S-Corporations, negotiating regulatory orders, bank examination issues, prompt corrective actions, reorganizations, director and officer liability issues, and lender liability issues.Close