Bank Executives Under Heightened Scrutiny by the FDIC
Defending FDIC Lawsuits and Agency Enforcement Actions and Maximizing D&O Insurance Coverage
Recording of a 90-minute premium CLE webinar with Q&A
This CLE webinar will provide attorneys with a review of liability theories in FDIC litigation and enforcement actions against bank executives. The panel will analyze D&O insurance coverage and offer best practices for defending directors and officers of failed institutions against FDIC suits and regulatory actions.
- Officer and director duties: regulatory enforcement
- FDIC post-closure proceedings
- Lessons learned from the era of failed thrift institutions
- Current FDIC activity
- Theories of liability and common defenses
- Maximizing available D&O insurance coverage
The panel will review these and other key questions:
- What are the factors the FDIC is likely to consider in bringing an action against executives of a failed financial institution?
- What are the applicable theories of liability against officers and directors and what are their best defenses?
- What are the trends in D&O coverage that apply to FDIC litigation and regulatory enforcement actions?
- How are insurance carriers interpreting coverage provisions for FDIC-initiated litigation and civil penalties by regulatory agencies?
Following the speaker presentations, you'll have an opportunity to get answers to your specific questions during the interactive Q&A.
Mary C. Gill
Alston & Bird
With over 30 years of experience in securities litigation, financial services litigation and complex... | Read More
With over 30 years of experience in securities litigation, financial services litigation and complex transaction-related litigation, Ms. Gill has been lead counsel in cases nationwide. She is highly experienced in representing companies and financial institutions and their officers and directors in investigations and enforcement actions by the SEC, OCC, FDIC and other regulatory agencies.Close
Steven C. Morrison
Counsel, Professional Liability/Financial Crimes Group
With 25 years experience as a trial attorney and 34 jury trials of complex civil and criminal matters as lead counsel... | Read More
With 25 years experience as a trial attorney and 34 jury trials of complex civil and criminal matters as lead counsel in cases nationwide, Mr. Morrison joined the FDIC as Counsel in the Professional Liability & Financial Crimes Unit in 2009. He is responsible for the professional liability investigations in failed banks with total assets of $12 billion in the Southeast US from North Carolina to Puerto Rico.Close
Linda D. Kornfeld
Jenner & Block
A nationally recognized insurance coverage litigator with extensive trial and appellate experience, she represents... | Read More
A nationally recognized insurance coverage litigator with extensive trial and appellate experience, she represents corporate and individual policyholders in high-stakes cases and has recovered hundreds of millions of dollars for her clients in insurance matters. She provides strategic counseling to in-house counsel and senior executives on mitigating risk and maximizing insurance recoveries.Close
to be announced.